Sunday, May 17, 2015

I Found A Macbeth Poem

In this poem, Macbeth is at the highest point in his reign. He is reassuring and convincing himself that his reign and him will not be compromised by repeating the prophecy that the witches gave him.

 King's Reassurance

I, King of Scotland, am immortal.
By the prophecy of the wicked trio,
I remain unscathed, indestructible.
There be no tree capable of charging my hold.
There be no man born not of woman.
There be no threat to my reign.
Ambition led me to the climax of power.
Yes, I have killed in cold blood,
but all in good favor,
for your King cannot die,
for man is surely born of woman,
and trees cannot walk...
© Trevor D. Bishop, 2 months ago(Shakespeare syndrome)

 http://allpoetry.com/poems/about/Macbeth (More poems of Macbeth)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment